January 7, 2016

T & V

When T was born, I was overwhelmed for sure and completely dependent on so many people to settle me through that phase. But when V was born, I was more prepared, but the haze which sets in was just the same. And now added to it was the guilt that I was not giving any time to the tiny 4 year old who was hoovering about endlessly.

The way T took everything which was and is being thrown at her completely in her stride, really makes me appreciate her and wonder at how she agrees to my requests. I can completely imagine myself throwing a tantrum about why my things are not being attended to... but she rarely goes that route. So, now we have a routine that once a week, I drop and pick her up from school as a special something for her, in the midst of all this craziness.

And after two kids, I feel now what it really means like having no time for myself. At the end of the day, I am just exhausted to the extend that watching half a movie does not even appeal. So now, we have moved from movie marathons, to a movie night once in a while to nothing. And as I see it, its going to be this for the next 2 years. Frankly speaking, movies I am more than fine letting go, but I wouldn't want to lose on 2 years in terms of travel. Age just moved ahead, and I want to enjoy some things with Trisha before she grows up too. I hope I do not forget that T is also growing up in the midst of the V-time.

There was a lot which I fathomed prior to V's arrival, but there are many more instances which I still stare at blankly wondering how to tackle.

I believe it will be a long journey of discovery...

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to being a mommy of two kids. You know, I felt it was tougher the second time around. Because there is the first one who needs a lot of attention and adjustment and somewhere the balance is very difficult to achieve. It gets better. Hold on to that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is V a boy or a girl? We didn't hear an announcement :)

    Congratulations babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. V is a little girl, born early September, all of 4 months as of now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...