January 28, 2010

The Affair of the Necklace

The Affair of the Necklace is a movie which caught my attention on HBO and I did finally get down to watching it. The background was very interesting... Paris, foremost and also toppped with history. I tend to like these old time set movies, and this one seemed perfect in that respect. 


What IMDB has to say about this movie is, a woman's fight to acquire her family home and the path she follows to achieve it. This is also said to be the moment in history which resulted in the eventual break down of the French monarchy. 


Hillary Swank in a completely different role as the movie I do associate her the most with is Kill Bill as I am sure with many, and seeing her here as a Countess ... all demure, sophisticated ... in fact these kind of roles shows the true nature of acting, the capability to be a NInja assasin and a countess.


PS: Wedded life is wonderful , loving it and I wish this honeymoon period lasts forever! But, I also know that is not going to be the case.


I also managaed to give an interview for my blog ( thats sounds all high and mighty.. but it aint... its just a small interview which you can have a look at here)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thatz nice .. congrats on the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent seen the movie... but will see it thanks !

    Keep enjoying the honeymoon period !!!!!! :D :D :D :D

    now off to read your interview !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...