August 1, 2007

Lhasa apso

I was just thinking of going ahead and buying a Lhasa apso once I get my first salary… I wanted that to be the gift to myself but then somehow that was not to be. I guess it’s not possible when living almost alone and to take care of a dog is not a small thing for sure, he requires either dedicated effort from one or else he would need many to look after him in shifts, which is what I thought would be possible considering that I live with friends, but I was so surprised to find that I live with so many people who have a fear of dogs, not a morbid fear but then nevertheless who would prefer to be at the other side of the road when a dog happens to be at the same road! A real small Tibetan dog, which is said to an amazing watchdog, as loyal as a friend can be, I never did thing that this dog would also have its own set of enemies. Its not that I speak without experience, I myself had a Lhas, and he died a few years back, being 12 years old. But for his size and activity, I am sure that 12 can be very easily equated to 80 in human years. They are said to be age old Tibetan monastery watch dogs, these one foot tall dogs, with a hearing as sharp as a bat and a bite which can be quite tingling, with such specifications, it isn’t very hard to see why they tend to make the best watchdogs.

Then I started thinking about Persian cats, now I don’t have a particular liking towards the cat family, excepting of course the leopards and jaguars, else smaller versions have never been something which I have had a strong fascination with. But then thinking on the lines that I need to have some living being next with me to share my life with, come back to after work, and that it has to be small so that turned me towards cats if not small cute dogs… but then animals scurrying around seems to be the point of problem. So now I am left with no pet as yet and wondering what else to consider which wont pose as a problem to many. I am not too fascinated by birds, they have to be in a cage and that somehow feels cruel, it’s restricting their natural lifestyle. Similarly even fish, I think keeping them in an aquarium is cruel. So now by the looks of it I feel I won’t be having a pet at least not in my present settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...